Welcome to the Howard Johnson Port Alberni
We are a nicely appointed 42-room hotel located off River Road (HWY 4 to Ucluelet/Tofino) behind the Petro-Canada Service Station. We are just a one minute walk away from the Fisherman's Harbour, Clutesi Haven Marina and some of the best sport and commerical fishing in Canada and probably the world!
If you are interested in touring around our "Community with a Heart", we have information pamphlets available in our lobby and a very knowledgeable staff on duty at the Front Desk to answer any of your questions.
Some of the amazing places to visit and enjoy while you are in the Beautiful Port Alberni Valley are:
- McLean's Historical Mill Site - BC's Last surviving steam saw mill
- Alberni Pacific Railway - ride a 1929 Balwin Logging locomotive
- Victoria Quay and Harbour Quay
- Lady Rose Marine Service / France Barclay Boat Trips - sail the Barkley Sound and Alberni Inlet
- Lighthouse Museum and Port Alberni Docks
- Alberni Valley Museum - located at the Echo Community Centre on Maitland at 10th.
- Rollin Arts Gallery
- Stamp Falls Provincial Park - great hiking and an ideal viewing spot for Salmon.
- Sproat Lake Provincial Park and Petroglyphs
- Martin Mars Water Bombers - world's largest Aerial firefighting flying boats
- Taylor Arm Provincial Park - north shore of Sproat Lake
- Robertson Fish Hatchery, Great Central Lake and Della Falls
- Excellent hiking trails - Roger Creek Park, Mt. Arrowsmith, Log Train Trail, over 100 trails in the valley.
- Cathedral Grove
- China Creek Provincial Park - on way to Bamfield
Also, We are only 1.5 hours from Long Beach and the communities of Tofino and Uclucet.